CEO of Group BRED
Affiliate Professor of Economics and Finance at HEC
Co-head of HEC’s Economics Major and “Managerial and Financial Economics” Master’s program
President of the French section of the European League for Economic Cooperation (LECE)
Member of the board of Natixis Asset Management
Member of the board of Rexecode
Olivier Klein is both a graduate of the ENSAE, Graduate School of Economics, Statistics and Finance and graduated in Economics (Panthéon Sorbonne University). He also completed HEC’s Program in Advanced Finance and holds language diplomas in both Russian and English.
Olivier Klein joined the BFCE (Banque Francaise du Commerce Exterieure) in 1985 and held several positions of responsibility.
He was in charge of the Foreign Exchange risk and Interest risk management department for the bank’s major clients.
Then he created and managed the investment bank specialising in Acquisitions&Mergers and Private Equity.
He was then appointed corporate banking Regional Director of the Rhone-Alpes-Auvergne-Bourgogne-Franche Comté areas for medium and large sized companies. In addition he was part of the working group that was in charge of the merger of Crédit National and BFCE which became Natexis.
Olivier Klein then joined the Caisse d’Epargne group in 1998 and served as CEO for Caisse d’Epargne Ile-de-France Ouest from 2000 onwards.
In early 2007 Olivier Klein was asked to manage the merger of Caisse d’Epargne Lyon and Caisse d’Epargne Grenoble and was duly appointed as CEO of Caisse d’Epargne Rhone-Alpes (the second largest bank of the Groupe Caisse d’ Epargne) after they successfully merged in June 2007. In parallel he chairs the retail banking committee of the Groupe Caisse d’Epargne.
In February 2010 he was appointed as CEO – Commercial Banking and Insurance- of Groupe BPCE (Groupe Banque Populaire and Caisse d’Epargne) overseeing Banques Populaires, Caisses d’Epargne and Banque Palatine. At this time he was simultaneously both a member of the Board at Natixis and at CNP and was also the Chairman of the Board at Banque Palatine.
Olivier Klein has been CEO of BRED – Groupe BPCE’s largest commercial bank- since October 2012.
The BRED group has a retail bank, a corporate bank, a private bank, a trading desk, an asset management company, an insurance company and bank subsidiaries in South East Asia, the Pacific region, the Horn of Africa and in Switzerland.
Olivier Olivier Klein is named President of the French section of the European League for Economic Cooperation ( LECE ) since january 2018 replacing Philippe Jurgensen
Olivier Klein is also an Affiliated Professor of Economics and Finance at HEC and co-runs the Economics Major of the « Grande Ecole » and the ‘Managerial and Financial Economics’ Master’s program. He teaches « financial economics », « monetary policy » and « banking management and economics ». He ran the ‘International Monetary Issues’ course at the University of Paris Sorbonne-Pantheon and oversaw research groups at the ENSAE School of Statistics and Economic Administration. He also was a member of the Scientific Committee at HEC and at Pantheon-Sorbonne’s Management Science PhD school.
Olivier Klein has been board member of the Ecole Normale Supérieure of Lyon in 2007-2008.
- Actes du débat organisé par le cabinet Athling le 2 octobre 2018 sur le thème : « Quels modèles économiques pour les services financiers de demain ? »
- “What improvements are desirable and realistic for the eurozone from an economic and social point of view?” Please find here the final summary about the Citizens for Europe Consultations
- « Quelles améliorations souhaitables et réalistes pour la zone euro sur le plan économique et social ? » Retrouvez ici la synthèse finale des Consultations Citoyennes pour l’Europe.
- Retrouvez mon intervention ainsi que celle de Guy Cormier, Président du Mouvement Desjardins, lors du lancement du Coopérathon
- « Italie, Brexit…où va la zone euro ? » Je répondais lundi 22 octobre aux questions de France Info.
- « Why is investing in human capital more important today than before? » Column originally published in the Harvard Business Review France.
- « Pourquoi investir dans le capital humain est-il aujourd’hui plus important qu’hier ? » Chronique initialement publiée sur la Harvard Business Review France.
- “The anarcho-capitalist utopia of cryptocurrencies” Les Echos, 8th of October
- « Les Cryptomonnaies, une utopie anarcho-capitaliste » Retrouvez ma tribune parue le 8 octobre 2018 dans Les Échos.
- « L’innovation n’est pas que technologique ! » Retrouvez mon interview parue dans l’ADN et qui rappelle l’engagement de la BRED dans l’organisation de l’édition française du Coopérathon.