CEO of Group BRED.
Member of the board of Natixis Asset Management
Member of the board of Rexecode
Affiliate Professor of Economics and Finance at HEC.
Co-head of HEC’s Economics Major and “Managerial and Financial Economics” Master’s program.
President of the French section of the European League for Economic Cooperation (LECE)
Olivier Klein is both a graduate of the ENSAE, Graduate School of Economics, Statistics and Finance and graduated in Economics (Panthéon Sorbonne University). He also completed HEC’s Program in Advanced Finance and holds language diplomas in both Russian and English.
Olivier Klein joined the BFCE (Banque Francaise du Commerce Exterieure) in 1985 and held several positions of responsibility.
He was in charge of the Foreign Exchange risk and Interest risk management department for the bank’s major clients.
Then he created and managed the investment bank specialising in Acquisitions&Mergers and Private Equity.
He was then appointed corporate banking Regional Director of the Rhone-Alpes-Auvergne-Bourgogne-Franche Comté areas for medium and large sized companies. In addition he was part of the working group that was in charge of the merger of Crédit National and BFCE which became Natexis.
Olivier Klein then joined the Caisse d’Epargne group in 1998 and served as CEO for Caisse d’Epargne Ile-de-France Ouest from 2000 onwards.
In early 2007 Olivier Klein was asked to manage the merger of Caisse d’Epargne Lyon and Caisse d’Epargne Grenoble and was duly appointed as CEO of Caisse d’Epargne Rhone-Alpes (the second largest bank of the Groupe Caisse d’ Epargne) after they successfully merged in June 2007. In parallel he chairs the retail banking committee of the Groupe Caisse d’Epargne.
In February 2010 he was appointed as CEO – Commercial Banking and Insurance- of Groupe BPCE (Groupe Banque Populaire and Caisse d’Epargne) overseeing Banques Populaires, Caisses d’Epargne and Banque Palatine. At this time he was simultaneously both a member of the Board at Natixis and at CNP and was also the Chairman of the Board at Banque Palatine.
Olivier Klein has been CEO of BRED – Groupe BPCE’s largest commercial bank- since October 2012.
The BRED group has a retail bank, a corporate bank, a private bank, a trading desk, an asset management company, an insurance company and bank subsidiaries in South East Asia, the Pacific region, the Horn of Africa and in Switzerland.
Olivier Olivier Klein is named President of the French section of the European League for Economic Cooperation ( LECE ) since january 2018 replacing Philippe Jurgensen
Olivier Klein is also an Affiliated Professor of Economics and Finance at HEC and co-runs the Economics Major of the « Grande Ecole » and the ‘Managerial and Financial Economics’ Master’s program. He teaches « financial economics », « monetary policy » and « banking management and economics ». He ran the ‘International Monetary Issues’ course at the University of Paris Sorbonne-Pantheon and oversaw research groups at the ENSAE School of Statistics and Economic Administration. He also was a member of the Scientific Committee at HEC and at Pantheon-Sorbonne’s Management Science PhD school.
- Les banques face à leur avenir proche
- La nécessité des réformes structurelles – Retrouvez mon intervention aux Nocturnes de l’économie 2018.
- Quel avenir pour la banque de détail ?
- Faut-il redéfinir l’entreprise ?
- Je suis intervenu le 10 avril à une table ronde sur « les éléments manquants de l’union bancaire européenne », au sein de la journée de conférences organisée par Euro 50 à Bruxelles : « Quel renforcement de l’Union Économique et Monétaire ? »
- Conditions de sortie de la politique monétaire de la BCE : compte rendu des débats organisés par le cabinet Carlara – Publié dans le Bulletin Quotidien et dans la Correspondance Économique
- [VIDEO] Introduction de la « Nocturne de l’économie 2018″ par Olivier Klein et Agnès Benassy-Quéré – La nécessité des réformes structurelles.
- Toward cooperative capitalism : Olivier Klein’s point of view in Les Échos – March 20th 2018
- Pour un capitalisme partenarial : Le point de vue d’Olivier Klein dans les Échos – 20 mars 2018
- Press Release – 2017 BRED Banque Populaire’s results – Growth of the Net Banking Income for the 5th consecutive year